Cooking with Coco is a recipe and cooking series that shows you how to create delicious meals and decadent treats using WÜSTHOF's expansive line of knives and kitchen tools.
- bunch of kale
- 1/2 shallot
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- tsp of honey or maple syrup or agave syrup
- pinch of kosher salt
- 6 fresh dates or 1/4 cup of dried cherries
- 1/2 cup shaved or grated parmesan
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- OPTIONAL - 1/4 cup of toasted almonds
A WÜSTHOF Le Cordon Bleu 8" Cook's Knife & WÜSTHOF Silverpoint fine grater.
- Cut kale into 1/4 - 1/2 inch ribbons.
- Mince the shallot. Add to kale.
- Mix lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and maple syrup separately.
- Add to kale. Toss for at least 2 minutes.
- Let sit for 20 minutes.
This helps to break down the fibres of the kale and reduces bitterness.
- Add olive oil. Toss again.
- Pit and slice dates. Add to salad.
- Grate parmesan. Add to salad.
- Add toasted almonds.