Cooking with Coco is a recipe and cooking series that shows you how to create delicious meals and decadent treats using WÜSTHOF's expansive line of knives and kitchen tools.
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb. crumbled, fresh chorizo
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp. creole seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups canned chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- In your pressure cooker, brown sausage till fully cooked. Remove with slotted spoon and place in a bowl.
- Brown chicken & shrimp, sprinkling with 1/2 of creole seasoning. Add to bowl with sausage when fully cooked.
- Add onion, garlic peppers, celery along with remaining creole seasoning, thyme & cayenne. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add rice, tomatoes & broth; secure cover & bring to high pressure. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Quick release pressure, remove lid, then stir in parsley along with cooked meat & shrimp. Cover tightly & let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
If your family likes it spicy, feel free to add jalapeño, cayenne or hot sauce depending on your taste preferences.