Cooking with Coco is a recipe and cooking series that shows you how to create delicious meals and decadent treats using WÜSTHOF's expansive line of knives and kitchen tools.
¾ cup gluten free all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. cocoa powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup butter, plus extra to grease pan
1 tsp. instant espresso powder
150g dark gluten free chocolate, best quality
¾ cup white sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. gluten free vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Line an 8” x 8”, or 9” x 9” buttered pan with parchment paper.
3. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
4. In a heavy bottom pan melt chocolate, butter, and espresso powder over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in white and brown sugars.
5. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Stir just until smooth.
6. Stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt mixture.
7. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and spread to edges with a spatula.
8. Cook 25-30 minutes - a larger pan will take less time.
9. To check, insert a toothpick into brownies. Brownies are done if there are a few moist crumbs left on the toothpick.
10. Let brownies cool on a wire rack.
For extra brownie points with your Valentine, use whimsical heart-shaped cookie cutters for that special finishing touch.